About the Old Town Hall
Old Town Hall Association (OTHA) is a private, non profit corporation and a registered Canadian charity. [CCRA Reg # 898361928RR0001]
The mission of the Old Town Hall Association is to enhance the community life and the cultural lives of Waterford and the area people by providing a diverse range of activities and a venue for community events in the restored former Waterford and Townsend Township Town Hall.
The organization was formed in 1999 to address the issue of the former Waterford and Townsend Township Town Hall. Government restructuring over the past 25 years had resulted in the building being declared “surplus to the needs of the municipality”. Recognizing a strong desire in the community to restore the property to a public place, OTHA purchased the Old Town Hall from the City of Nanticoke on February 15, 2000.
- To retain ownership of the 1902 Town Hall by local citizens (under management of OTHA).
- To restore the town hall building and its auditorium/stage for use by the entire community including seniors, youth, theatrical and cultural groups.
- To encourage community participation and cultural experiences not offered by other groups.
- To retain as much of the historic character of the building while complying with Ontario Building Code standards.
- To restore an important part of the area’s history and provide a sense of civic pride.
This restored historic building includes an auditorium with stage, seating for 180, and provides cultural diversity to the community in its capacity as a venue for musical, artistic and theatrical productions, a meeting hall and rental facility.
Old Town Hall is not a municipally owned facility. Funds to sustain it are acquired by engaging the community through various activities: special interest programs, music concerts, theatrical productions, used book store, grants, room rentals and donations.
OTHA keeps interested citizens up to date on its activities by way of its website, facebook page, email notices and through local media.
Hours of Operation
- Office, Gallery, Artisan Shop – Tuesday to Friday 12 noon to 4:00 PM
- Gallery, Artisan Shop, Book Store – Saturday 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Board of Directors
|President||Michelle Swyers||(519) 443 4406|
|Secretary||Steve Kilbridge||(519) 443 8815|
|Treasurer||Teresa Sinkowski||(519) 443 8085|
|Director||Jen Burnett||(519) 443 6798|
|Director||Juli Proracki||(519) 443 5847|
|Director||Helena Ball||(519) 505 7127|
Claire Senko: Artistic Producer/Program Director
Jenny Rice: Administrative Assistant
Brenda Dredge: Building Maintenance
Alison Bell: Bookstore Manager
Jim Elve: Website/IT
Michael Hogg: Summer Concerts Host
Tanya Logan-Cowan: Set Designer
Kathryn Hogg: Gallery Curator
Thom Adkins: Open Mic Host
There are many other volunteers that give of their time to make the Old Town Hall operate. If you would like to volunteer, please contact us.
- Download Old Town Hall Association financial statement for 2016. (PDF – 78kb) (Opens in a new tab or window.)
Old Town Hall
76 Main Street South
Waterford, Ontario N0E1Y0